Friday, December 4, 2015

Misfit Shine 2 RFC

I'm considering ditching my Fitbit for this guy:

http://i2.wp.com/www.yugatech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/misfit-shine-2_11.jpg
Image Source: http://i2.wp.com/www.yugatech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/misfit-shine-2_11.jpg

12/9/15 UPDATE: After reading reviews on Amazon, I would be a huge idiot to buy this. Apparently it falls out of the band really easily and everyone is pretty upset about that. Sadness! Hopefully they'll upgrade the bands ASAP.

Pros:
  • Modular, with sleek looking wearable options
  • Nicer, more professional looking
  • Made of better materials (Fitbit sucks)
  • Replaceable bands, should something fall apart
  • Text notifications
  • Replaceable coin battery (no recharging)
Cons:
  • I'm not sure if the battery is a plus or if I would hate replacing it. I am sick of charging my Fitbit, and the battery (after almost a year) doesn't last as long as it did before. 
  • Losing my Fitbit friends
  • It won't integrate into my work fitness program to earn me points. But I think my work fitness program is getting too invasive anyway so that might not be a big negative either.
  • [Edit] Falls out easily.
If you've used one, or know someone who has, weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment