Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My New Favorite (Shake)

Hope you got that Elf reference!

A few weeks ago Chris and I wanted a filling shake and had some figs we'd planned to use for something else, but ended up not -- so into the shake they went, with a scoop of peanut butter and some wheat germ. IT WAS GOOD. Since then, I've been craving figgy shakes. I came home from the gym today and wanted one, but alas! No figs in sight. But wait! We keep Bearded Bros bars on hand, and their base is figs. Perfect. They're super calorie-dense, so I used half of a Mighty Maca Chocolate bar. That one's got almonds and cashews, too, which added another texture that I liked.

Recipe:
1/2 Bearded Brothers bar
3/4 - 1 c milk (I didn't exactly measure)
1 c ice
1 (generous) T peanut butter

Blend blend blend until it's smooth. You could of course also add a banana or yogurt for a more creamy "smoothie" texture.

I inhaled it,  so I don't have a picture. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment