Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Running Playlist

I've had an iPod playlist called "Running" for years that is a compilation of old favorites with a few new ones thrown in here and there. I find that listening to my entire library on shuffle is just distracting (in a bad way) because I'll hear a song that isn't great and have to change modes from distracted (in a good way) think-running to displeased song-skipping. This just doesn't make a long run any easier. So here (in no particular order) are the songs that I can mindlessly enjoy, relax to, or get a push from.
  1. Ratatat - Wildcat
  2. Ratatat - 17 Years
  3. Nike Move commercial (From the 2002 Olympics) audio
  4. Magic System - Bouger Bouger
  5. Aesop Rock - 1000 Deaths
  6. Animaniacs - Countries of the World
  7. Beck - Bad Cartridge (E-Pro Remix)
  8. Beck - Bit Rate Variations in B-Flat
  9. Ben Folds - You to Thank
  10. Bush - The Chemicals Between Us
  11. The Chieftains - I Know My Love
  12. The Chieftains - Jig
  13. Eric Clapton - After Midnight
  14. CCR - Lookin' Out My Back Door
  15. Crystal Method - Magic Carpet Ride (remix of a great great tune!)
  16. Daft Punk - Aerodynamic
  17. Daft Punk - Around the World
  18. Daft Punk - One More Time
  19. Dirty Vegas - Days Go By
  20. DJ Encore - I See Right Through to You
  21. The Doors - Break on Through
  22. Fatboy Slim - Rockefeller Skank
  23. Fleetwood Mac - Bleed to Love Her
  24. Fleetwood Mac - My Little Demon
  25. Frederic Chopin - 5d4 Prelude #3
  26. The Fugees- Hip Hopera
  27. Gnarles Barkley - Go Go Gadget Gospel
  28. George Harrison - I've Got My Mind Set On You
  29. Goldfinger - Don't Say Goodbye
  30. Gustav Holst - Fantasia on the Dargason
  31. Hans Zimmer/Gladiator Soundtrack - Now We Are Free (Techno Remix)
  32. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
  33. Ilona - Un Monde Parfait
  34. Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
  35. Jethro Tull - Life's a Long Song
  36. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
  37. Jocelyne Labylle & Cheela - Laisse Parler Les Gens
  38. Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage
  39. Morningwood - Nth Degree
  40. Nikkfurie de La Caution - Thé à la Menthe (The French thief's laser break dance music from Oceans 12)
  41. CSS - Music is My Hot Hot Sex
  42. Massive Attack - Teardrop
  43. Mika - Grace Kelly
  44. Milk, Inc. - Walk on Water
  45. Mates of State - For the Actor
  46. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
  47. Sleigh Bells - Tell 'Em
  48. Sleigh Bells - Kids
  49. Sleigh Bells - Riot Rhythm
  50. Sleigh Bells - Infinity Guitars
  51. Sleigh Bells - Run the Heart
  52. Sleigh Bells - Rachel
  53. Sleigh Bells - Rill Rill
  54. Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground
  55. Sleigh Bells - Straight A's
  56. Sleigh Bells - A/B Machines
  57. Sleigh Bells - Treats
  58. Florence and the Machines - Dog Days are Over
  59. Florence and the Machines - Rabbit Heart
  60. Florence and the Machines - Drumming


Please please leave a few of your favorites as comments. I'm always looking for some new keepers!

3 comments:

  1. Gracie and I recently discovered Girl Talk, which is great for running to

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually listen to music on the road, but when I suffer indoors on the trainer in the winter I listen to a lot of Ozric Tentacles, occasionally some Metallica and a fair amount of Miles Davis' second quintet. As long as you've got Jamiroquai, the title track from 'Traveling Without Moving' should do the trick.

    ReplyDelete